If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ thread. You will have to register before you can post.
What’s up people! Welcome to the official MyNBAMobile fan site, and thanks for taking the time to look at this big pile of text. We want to bring as many people together as possible to talk about MyNBA2K14. The rules below are intended to help create an inclusive, inviting community for newcomers and forum veterans alike. They’re also designed to make content easy to find so the community and developers can benefit from your input.
These rules should be pretty easy to follow, but if you happen to stray a bit, the staff and the volunteer moderators on the forum use a warning/infraction system, which means that you’ll be alerted when you’re doing something that isn’t allowed. If you happen to rack up too many infractions—especially within a short span of time—we may be forced to ban your account temporarily or permanently. Finally, it’s worth mentioning that we may add to or otherwise alter these rules from time to time as new issues arise; we’ll try our best to announce when that happens.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with an administrator or moderator.
1. Be a Contributor These forums host civil discussions on a variety of topics, and we always want to keep the conversation welcoming, inclusive, and a positive experience. Please remember that others will be reading what you write without knowledge of your state of mind or sarcastic intent. Arguments are won by convincing the other side, not by scoring points with the crowd through personal attacks or trolling threads. Other obnoxious behavior, such as spam, also detracts from the quality of conversation. Please don’t cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble, and don’t try to get around the rules.
2. No Flaming or Trolling It’s really important to be respectful to all community members, the moderators, and admin. It’s fine to debate and argue, but don’t insult, use name-calling, or troll other members to try to get your point across. Don’t call people out, don’t post obvious troll threads, and try your hardest not to start flame wars. If you believe you’re being flamed by another member, please PM a moderator or admin rather than fighting back.
3. Inappropriate Content Posts, as well as your username, avatar, and other profile details should be appropriate for readers aged 12 and up. Refrain from cursing and using other bad language when you post. Inappropriate posts—as determined by the community team—and the threads that encourage them are not allowed. Usernames, avatars, and other profile information deemed inappropriate will be subject to deletion/editing.
4. Use Descriptive Thread Titles When posting a new thread, use a clear and descriptive title. Thread titles such as “Why is this??” or “Ummmm…” may be closed or renamed at the discretion of the mod team or admins. This was mentioned earlier, but bears repeating: if you are talking about something that is a spoiler, mention it in the title.
5. Don’t Spam Try not to make threads about topics that have already been created or discussed. Be sure to use text decorations sparingly when posting. Large-size font, colors, all caps, and so forth can help with clarity, organization, or emphasis, but simply using these features to personalize or add flare to your posts is not allowed.
6. The Forums Are Not a Chat Room In general, threads are meant cover a specific topic, so keep that in mind when creating them! Threads that are really unfocused and/or invite a lot of spammy posts will likely be closed. Try to avoid making replies that consist only of “This +1,” “me too!” or similarly short messages. It’s certainly okay to express agreement or excitement over a subject or post, but try to contribute something new to a discussion when you post, particularly when quoting someone else!
7. Company Names and You Don’t insult Cat Daddy, 2k, moderators or admins. Related to that, don’t try to impersonate any employee of Cat Daddy or 2k., moderator or admin.
8. Don’t Advertise or Solicit Do not advertise on forum threads, posts, or in private messages. If you’re an established member of the community and you made a cool fan site or thing related to one of our games, we might let it slide, but please drop a line to a moderator or admin to clear it before posting. Fan site links can be added to your Signature.
9. Steer Clear of Moderation Talk Don’t discuss mod/admin activity that occurs on the forums. That includes (but is not limited to) bringing up your own or someone else’s warnings, infractions, and bans. If you are asked by a moderator or admin to stop doing something, please listen. Feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns, but back-talking in the middle of a thread only serves as a distraction from the discussion at hand.
10. Avoid Backseat Moderation Even though it’s extremely tempting at times, try your best not to engage in backseat moderation—reciting the rules to other members, calling something out as spam, trying to get a thread shut down, and so forth.
11. Avoid Posting Spoilers Don’t post something that might be considered a spoiler, except in proper threads/forums. When you do, provide clear warning (preferably in the thread/post title).
12. Duplicate Accounts Don’t make multiple accounts. If you do, it’s really likely that we’ll ban your extra accounts. If you’ve created one/some to circumvent a ban—even a temporary one—your primary and extra account(s) may be permanently banned.
13. No Piracy of music, games, and other media will not be tolerated here. Do not post about torrents or torrent sites. This also includes discussions about piracy as a general topic, too, so please don’t have them here. Notable exception: We will allow threads about the swashbuckling sort of piratical behavior (smart alec).
14. Don’t Post Scans or Leaked Info Avoid posting unofficial links or magazine scans. If you want to post up an article or video, please link to the original source.
15. Use Caution When Bumping a Thread Bumping old threads because you have something to say that will bring something new to the topic is all right. However, a thread that has not been touched in two weeks is generally considered “dead”. Don’t bump your own thread without a very good reason. Inappropriately resurrected threads will likely be locked by the mod team.
16. Posting Images Some of the forums on this site have the [ img ] BBCode tag enabled. • An image should not make up your entire post, unless the theme of the thread indicates otherwise. If the image doesn’t further the discussion, it’s not appropriate. • Post a photo when you don’t believe your point can be conveyed entirely in words. That said, it’s worth taking the time to explain the image or why it supports your point. • As always, be respectful to your fellow members. Related to not posting image memes/macros, using an image to target or mock another forum poster will result in warnings and infractions.
17. Signatures • Signatures can be text only or you may use images • Users are allowed up to three lines of normal-sized text that can include hyper links • Content must adhere to forum rules (No linking to pirated sites, stores, etc.) • Colored text can be used within reason • Admins and the moderation team has the right to take down any Signatures we deem inappropriate
18. Nudity is absolutely forbidden. If you decide to post any nude or pornographic material you may face federal prosecution by yours truly.